The Salvation Army and local non-profits are working together to help those in need during the Safe at Home Guidelines.
The Salvation Army of La Crosse County & Catholic Charities, in coordination with the Coulee Collaborative to End Homelessness (CCEH), the city, the county, and all of its community partners, have been working together to provide a comprehensive plan to provide healthy, safe shelter with basic necessities for all members of our community who are experiencing homelessness. Staff members and volunteers alike are working together to assemble meals and other items of need such as blankets, gloves, and hygiene products to deliver in areas in La Crosse determined to be the greatest areas of need. Local businesses are assisting the collaboration effort by supplying pre-packaged items and bags for the meals.
The Salvation Army’s Emergency Disaster Services vehicle will distribute meals to the unsheltered population between 11am – 2pm, 7 days a week during the COVID-19 Safe at Home orders until further notice following a specified route determined by the collaborative to be the ideal locations to serve those in need of a meal, along with other items. All volunteers and staff members are following strict CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone involved in this collaborative effort. For questions and concerns related to the mobile meal delivery service, community members are urged to call The Salvation Army at (608)782-6126.
Below is the designated route:
- The Salvation Army Corps: Leaving at 11:35am (will serve those who approach canteen starting at 11am as vehicle is loaded for the routes)
- Goose Green Island Park: Arrive 11:40am, Depart 12:00pm
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store: Arrive 12:05pm, Depart 12:15pm
- Copeland Park: Arrive 12:20pm, Depart 12:40pm
- Cameron Park: Arrive 12:45pm, Depart 1:20pm
- Houska Park: Arrive 1:25pm, Depart 1:45pm
- Riverside Park: Arrive 1:50pm, Depart 2:00pm
Items provided during the delivery services:
- A pre-packaged meal containing a sandwich, bottle of water, and nutritious snack items
- Hygiene products (Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Deodorant, Lotion, etc.)
- Hand warmers
- Long-sleeve sweatshirts
- Disinfectant wipes
- Toilet Paper
- Rain ponchos
- Canned goods
Anyone interested in DONATING SUPPLIES to the EDS canteen for delivery services can donate the following products which are in high demand:
Donations can be dropped off at The Salvation Army at 223 N 8th St S, La Crosse, WI 54601, or you can call 608-782-6126 to make arrangements to get those donations to them as well.
Doing the Most Good Every year, The Salvation Army helps nearly 30 million people, roughly one per second.
Support The Salvation Army at donate.salvationarmyusa.org